The media center is open every day during the school year from 8:20-4:15; Wednesday afternoons until 5:30. Students may come to the media center at any time during the day with a teacher pass and must sign in at the circulation desk.
There are multiple spaces available in the media center: Checkout Area, Reference/Project Work Area, the "Fishbowl"-a collaborative work space to be used for video creation or a group activity, the News Broadcast Room, Computer Work Area, and the Professional Library.
1) Two books may be checked out at one time, for a two week period, and may be renewed up to two times (if a hold has not been placed on the book).
2) Students are limited to two "holds" at a time.
3) ID's are highly recommended to be used at checkout, but are not mandatory.
4) We do not charge overdue fees, but ask that books be returned in a timely manner as a courtesy to others. If you have a book that is overdue or lost, you may not check out additional books until the book is returned or paid for
5) The comfortable sitting areas are for your use, but please leave areas neat and orderly when you leave them.
6) No drinks or food are allowed at the computers or in the computer lab.
7) Headsets are for use only in the media center. Do not remove them from the media center unless permission is given by Media/Technology staff.
8) Students must sign in on the laptops at the circulation desk when they enter the media center without their teacher.
9) Please do not "cut through" the media center when changing halls unless there are no students currently using the space.
10) Enjoy this space, but be respectful of others at all times.
ID's can be requested by students and cost $5.00. ID's can only be purchased during morning homeroom time.
PHOTOCOPIES and PRINTING:
Printing required papers to the black and white media printer are free of charge. Copies of articles and non-required items will cost $ .10 per page.
***COLOR PRINTING -Due to color toner prices, ANY printing to the color printer costs $ .25 per page.
When printing from the internet, PLEASE ask for assistance BEFORE printing.