- Your school email is through Microsoft Office 365
- Your email address is your Active Directory user name followed by @cabarrus.k12.nc.us
- Your password is your student ID
- Go to portal.office.com- bookmark this site!
- Your username is your entire email address, ie, for Bart Simpson 123456789,
- Username firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: 123456789
- When logging into Office 365 at home, you will be asked for your password.
- OneDrive is online storage for your files
- You are able to share any file in your OneDrive with other users
- You cannot upload folders or empty files to OneDrive
- Each student gets 5 free licenses of the full version of Microsoft Office to install on personal devices
- Login to Office 365 on your personal computer at portal.office.com and click to Install Office 2016
- A full version of Microsoft Office is already available on every school computer
You can access Canvas from our home page - just click the logo.
At home, you will be prompted to login to your Office 365 account before proceeding to Canvas. Remember, your login is your email address, and your password is your student ID.
- Username - email@example.com
- Password- Id#
Parents as Observers
You can sign-up as an observer(see course content but cannot participate) for your student's course(s) by knowing your student's Canvas username and password and using this URL: https://cabarrus.instructure.com/.
- View and read announcements
- View assignments index page
- View the calendar
- Join conferences, if invited
- Join collaborations, if invited
- View personal inbox
- Send conversation messages to instructor and student they are observing
- View the dashboard
- View and read discussions
- View files unless they are locked
- View grades of student they are observing and filter, view scores and dates, and print grades
- View modules and see due dates, point values, etc.
- View pages and contribute if the instructor enables the Anyone can edit it setting
- View profile pictures, if available
- View syllabus
- View outcomes
- View quizzes index page
- Comment on announcements or discussions
- Submit assignments or quizzes
- View course rosters
- Send conversation messages to students in the course they are not observing
- View locked files or folders
- Join groups
- View unpublished courses