- students not following set policies
- loss, theft and/or vandalism
- student equity
- internet filtering
- technical support
We believe the teacher is the director of his or her class. The teacher knows best when and what technologies to use to enhance instruction. Therefore, it is the teacher's decision whether or not to allow students to use their devices in his or her classroom. By allowing students to bring their own devices, we are hoping to increase technology available inside the classrooms; subsequently, expanding educational opportunities for teaching and learning.
The following are responses to issues that cause concern:
- Any unauthorized use of personal devices will result in appropriate disciplinary actions.
- Students are personally and solely responsible for theft, loss, or damage of any kind to a personal electronic device.
- Not all students can afford their own personal device. Efforts will be made to ensure access to school computers for all students.
- CCS has purchased the Bradford appliance which will allow students and guests to connect to a guest wireless network in schools. Internet filtering, meeting all CIPA requirements, will be in place, even on the wireless network.
- Technical support of personal devices is limited to the user's own knowledge and troubleshooting skills. There are no funded technical help positions available within the school system.