IF you or your child live in any of the following situations:
· Staying in a shelter (family, domestic violence, youth shelter, FEMA trailer)
· Staying in a hotel or motel
· Waiting for foster care placement for the student
· Sharing the housing of others due to eviction, foreclosure or other economic hardships
· Living in a car
· Living in a park or campground
· Living in inadequate accommodations (abandoned buildings)
· The student is living alone without an adult
· The student is with another family due to family conflict or abandonment
Then you may qualify for certain rights and protections under the McKinney-Vento Act.
The McKinney-Vento Act is designed to help ensure that students remain at, get to and succeed in their schools of origin.