Home of the Chargers

Student Support Services (S3)
New Enrollments

Enrollment Overview & Tips

  • We are glad you are considering enrolling at Cox Mill High School!
  • Begin by reading this page & completing the New Enrollment Request Form below.
  • Soon after receiving your request, we will schedule an enrollment appointment.
  • Expedite your enrollment appointment by making sure you have all Enrollment Checklist documents.

Three Steps to Enrollment

  1. REQUEST - fill out the New Enrollment Request Form below.
  2. ENROLLMENT - after completing the request form, you will be scheduled for an appointment with the Registrar to verify enrollment eligibility and take care of any necessary paperwork.
  3. REGISTRATION - once enrollment eligibility has been verified and required documentation received, you will be scheduled for an appointment with a school counselor to create a schedule.

Documentation Check List

1.  Proof of Identification (one source)
  • NC Driver License or ID
  • Matricula Consular
  • Work Authorization Card
  • Government Issued Driver License/ID
  • Passport
  • Visitor's Visa
  • Work Authorization Card
  • Border Crossing Card

2.  Proofs of Domicile - Two Sources (one from each column below) :
 One of these .... ... AND one of these ...
  • House Deed
  • Current Lease Agreement
  • Closing or Settlement Statement
  • Current Property Tax Statement
  • Certificate of Domicile*
*Property Owner - Provides proof of domicile (one from each column)
*Parent - Provides proof of residency (one from second column) 
  • Motor Vehicle Registration
  • Non-Expired NCDL/NCID
  • Recent Pay Stub
  • Current Medicaid Card
  • Utility Bill (water, cable/satellite, gas or electricity)
 3.  Copy of Child's Birth Certificate (with parents' names on it) 
4.  Proof of LEGAL Guardianship (only required if student is residing with someone other than a parent listed on the birth certificate; guardianship paperwork must be established through the courts and signed by a judge unless the family meets the criteria found in G.S. 115C-366; we do not accept notarized statements or Power of Attorney documents)
5.  Immunization Records (official copy from your physician; we do not accept the immunization information found on the transcript)
6.  Withdrawal Form/Report Card/Official Transcript (showing credits earned at all previous schools for current high school student or 8th Grade Report Card for rising/new 9th graders).

New Enrollment Request Form

To request a new enrollment appointment, please compete the form below.  If you have questions, email our Registrar, Melody Steigerwalt.

Free & Reduced Lunch Program

Last Modified on June 6, 2016