Student Transfer Requests

Cabarrus County Schools students are assigned to the elementary, middle, or high school serving the attendance area associated with the family's residence.  Information as to the specific school assignment is available by accessing the CCS Attendance Locator.
In very rare cases with extreme or unusual circumstances, parents may request a Hardship Transfer.  These are carefully reviewed and rarely granted.  In such cases, parents or guardians may request assignment to a school outside of their regular attendance area.  Transfer requests made to attend another school during the school year are reviewed on space availability, the needs of the student, the effect on the school to which the transfer is requested, principal recommendations, and the allowable reasons for reassignment/transfer.  It is important to provide supporting information as evidence of extreme or unusual circumstance.
Parents wishing to request a student transfer to a different school may do so by completing the 2017-18 Student Transfer Request form.  The form is available beginning March 15th and ends on June 15th for all grade levels.
Please take the time to review the following Cabarrus County Schools Board Policies BEFORE submitting your student transfer request:

Employees and Renewals

Employee transfers are granted for current staff to enroll their child(ren) in the schools serving the attendance zone for their workplace unless otherwise specified.  All employee transfers must be renewed annually. Please click the link below to complete a new employee transfer or renew. Click the link below:

All hardship transfers must be renewed annually. Requests for renewed hardship transfers will be forwarded to principals for consideration. Transfer students must have met the conditions for renewal outlined in Policy 4115 listed above. Click the link below:
Any student who resides in the attendance zone for Cabarrus County Schools may apply for a release to attend school in another district.  Click the link below:

**Should you need assistance with the above forms, please contact the Student Services Department at 704-786-6191.**
Last Modified on April 27, 2017